Thursday 21 April 2022

A Brimstone Visitor



One of my favourite balcony visitors, the Brimstone Moth, returned last night. Exquisite!  A perfection of delicacy and design.  Jehovah is the Grand Creator indeed.

Poor Captain B had a dental appointment on Tuesday. And my next bout of dental torture should start in May.   I have added a badly broken tooth to my worries, and will have to own up about it at the next visit.  

And this skin problem, caused by arthritis? the medicines I am having to take? something else altogether? (as Dermatology can't yet tell me) is bad at the moment. My arm is red and swollen and blistered.

Most of Tuesday, apart from my time at the morning field service meeting, was spent with various medical appointments.  It was half an hour plus on the phone to the doctors surgery to make an appointment for my blood test, and then I could not make it at the local surgery but at the next one along.

RERUN HYDRO MADLY MOIST were the Quordle answers on Tuesday - Col beat me, but we both got it.  

We - the Captain and myself - watched a great video presentation last night, about Evolution/Creation.  The website is:

https://wondersofcreationtours.com/

And I highly recommend its presentations.  After all, it is no small matter.  If the Bible account of our origins is true, then there is more happiness ahead for us, right here on the earth, than we can now imagine. So it is vital that we pay attention.

The presentation we saw really drew attention to the fact that the fossil record supports the Genesis account.  Which took me back many years to when I was conducting a Bible study with a young Chinese lady, a geologist.  She was brought up in Communist China, but the family had moved to Canada.  

So of course I asked her how and why she came to know there was a Creator, and he said, matter of factly: "It was when we studied the fossil record. Then I knew."

So the creation itself spoke to her, in a scientific context that she was confident about.  For me, it was the beauty of an Autumn afternoon sky in my Northern hometown that told me that there is a Creator and that he made this all so lovely, just for us. 





https://wondersofcreationtours.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment