Friday 21 January 2022

WORDLE! WORDLE! WORDLE!

We - Col, me, family and friends - have become Wordle addicts and play it every morning and show off our results on facebook when we succeed (and mutter that the sun was in our eyes when we fail).

I hope it is not fiddling while Rome burns, given the disasters that keep coming.  A tsunami has hit the island of Tonga, after an undersea volcanic eruption. There has not been much news of what has happened, as it seems communications have been knocked out.  So as yet we don't know the extent of the tragedy.  I do remember seeing those videos of the Boxing Day tsunami, and the terrifying power of that water.   I also remember that when he was on the earth Jesus calmed the storm on the Sea of Galilee, causing his disciples to ask:  "What sort of person is this?  Even the winds and the sea obey him.”

How much we need the government that can bring the natural forces back into perfect harmony, and rule us with loving-kindness.  And I am not forgetting to keep publishing the good news of the Kingdom of God - I have done a few hours of field service and meetings of far, this week and hope to do more.  Captain Butterfly kindly posted the letters for me.  The postbox is only just across the road, but my feet are so painful I can't really wear shoes at the moment.

I Teemed with the siblings on Monday - South Yorkshire, to East Yorkhire, to the South Coast, to Oz.  All seem well, and our Teem hour together hurtled past as quickly as it usually does.  And of course I have spoken to Jean and Jackie by phone.  Both not so OK - as we are all now past our sell by dates.

Oh and I have entered Fantastic Books Flash Fiction short story competition, with my story Talky Tin.  It is about an alien invasion and was inspired by the Stuart Aken quote on the site:

https://www.fantasticbooksstore.com/competitions/competition-anthologies-and-winners-circle/flash-fiction-charity-competition

Why not have a go?  There is a selection of quotes to inspire you - one of mine is included! (from Till They Dropped).  And your entry can be as short as a Haiku - 17 syllables - or as long as 500 words. And anywhere in between.  I think Talky Tin is about 300 words.  The entry fee is a donation to either of the charities nominated on the site - a donation of whatever you feel able to make.  Your donation will not feature in the judging.

I have my Annual Health Review this morning...  enough said really.

To return briefly to the theme of this blog, my bro posted this on facebook on Thursday morning:  "My favourite cartoonist, Cathy Wilcox of the Melbourne Age/Sydney Morning Herald, posted a sign from outside her local bookstore: "If you like Wordle, think how much you'll enjoy a whole bookle!""

Amen to that!

Anyway, I must away and do today's WORDLE - twitch twitch

No comments:

Post a Comment