Monday 24 January 2022

A Field of Detectorists






What would be a collective noun for Metal Detectorists?  A hoard of detectorists? An obsession of detectorists?  At any rate, here is a collection of them in a rather lovely field - where Col and Jim were detecting on Thursday.  And I also plan to add a sunrise Col took recently.   Jehovah's creation is infinitely wonderful - and we are only seeing just a glimpse of it from where we are.

I continue with my letters of course - still have not embarked on telephone witnessing...  and I have started to get my short stories out to see if I do have enough for a collection...  and I am wondering if I could write one more.  But what would it be about?  In one sense there is an infinity of themes, as the creation is infinitely varied. But there are times when I wonder if at the moment we really only have one theme, one story - and it is the story we are presently living in: Things have gone wrong, and they need to be put right.  Can we imagine any other?

But, after the Thousand Years, when the earth is the paradise it was always meant to be, and we, if we are there, are restored to the life and perfection our first parent lost, who knows what stories there might be?

I have a part in the Ministry School on Thursday night so must make myself get down to roughing it out.  The point I will be working on is the use of visual aids - not so easy when this will be a bit of telephone witnessing.

On Sunday Col found a Gold hammered coin!  It is very thin, and folded over in one corner. It seems it is a Roman coin, but unusual in that it is so thin.  He will be doing some research into this.  I am sure a picture of it, in all its gleaming glory, will appear on his blog in time.  

Which reminds me. Aren't we about due for a new series of Aussie Gold Hunters?  I long to know what they are all doing now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment