Saturday 30 October 2021

A Bear with a Sore Shoulder

 

A sunrise photo by Captain B from a few days ago when the cloud mass was pressing down on the rising sun, to wonderful effect.

You will have heard of a bear with a sore head. Well I am a bear with a sore shoulder, my good shoulder too, which makes things very difficult as neither arm now has much reach.  GRRR  Grrrrr.  Best stay out of my way, all you hapless hikers.

Col has been sorting through the photos from our long ago tour of Scotland.  How young we look,  And how beautiful Scotland is.  




We spent an afternoon watching the valiant salmon leaping up this high and rocky waterfall.   Where does the time go? 

I stepped out onto the balcony early Thursday morning.  Captain B had left at the crack of dawn for... one of the outer planets, judging by the time his alarm call went off.  Let's hope King Canute and various Romans visited it too and dropped lots of jewellery and gold coins while there.  Now that would be a Detectorist find to change history!

I think we often underestimate our ancestors, forgetting that they were actually nearer to perfection - closer to that perfect start - than we are.  But... horse-drawn spacecraft would be a stretch.

Anyway, the sun was pretty much up and colouring the clouds so I looked towards the West to the river mouth.  And it was lovely.  The light, the blue colour of the sea - there was dark cloud over the river and the light of the rising sun was starting to stretch towards it over the water.  I did thank Jehovah for making it all so beautiful, just for us.  There was one valiant dogwalker with two dogs on the Green.  

It would have been a lovely walking day if i could walk.

Now - Thursday morning as i am writing this - the sun is shining on the ugly block of flats behind us, which are covered in scaffolding (maintenance). And it has become briefly a thing of beauty.

They are building the big bonfire on the Green, so I guess we are in for a bonfire night celebration  this weekend.   And now, Friday morning, there is a wild wild sea, and the balcony geraniums are blowing all over the place.  My shoulder still hurts - GRRR Grrrr - though I should be thankful I can still type.

Its Saturday morning and my shoulder is still very painful.  I may have to appear at the meeting minus the Zoom camera as I don't know if I will be able to get myself dressed and do not want to appear in my jimjams.  Col left early, with his sandwiches and a metal detector at every corner, leaving my breakfast all prepared - oats and and a proper coffee - which I took along with a big dose of pain meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment