Wednesday 26 May 2021

Ne'er Cast a Clout

It hailed Monday lunchtime - after a morning of pouring rain.  As the old saying goes: "Ne'er cast a clout till May be out" - or don't discard your Winter clothing till the end of May.   The afternoon was sunny, but cold with a strong wind; wonderful waves on the Channel.  

Tuesday - overcast - and today, Wednesday, has started off cold but sunny, and the Channel has calmed down.

So much for the Weather bulletin.  And it is all good with me.  I know most people want blazing sunshine every day, but i love weather, in all its moods.  I have a part in the Ministry School on Thursday - as the householder, I don't have to write or lead this one.   I will probably publish the talk in my next blog.

Today it was sunny - I even sat out on the balcony this morning, but by the afternoon it was too cold, though sunny, even for Captain Butterfly to go out looking for Dukes of Burgundy, which the butterfly grapevine says have begun to appear.

I spent this morning on Zoom with a friend - we discussed our ailments and hopefully also cheered each other up - and this evening I practise the part i have in the Ministry School tomorrow with one of my young sisters in Zoom.   

Apart from that, I made a banana bread, using this recipe I found in The Guardian:    https://www.theguardian.com/food/2021/may/24/simple-banana-cake-by-ravneet-gill

We haven't tasted it yet, so I can't say how it has worked, but it looks and smells good.  Its a long time since I tried a new cake recipe so I might add this to my pantheon (marmalade muffins, fruit cake, carrot cake) if Captain B likes it.  It is for his packed lunches.

This blog is getting more like "The Diary of a Nobody" by the day.  Oh and the banana bread/cake is very nice.  Or so I have just been told by my researcher, who is busy wiping crumbs from his mouth.



No comments:

Post a Comment