Thursday 13 May 2021

My Balcony Life

My balcony life began again this week as - with some urging (think taser/cattleprod) from Captain B, who thinks I need the sunshine. So even though it wasn't very warm, I did get some sunshine and completed my Bible reading for the Thursday night meeting.  The congregations worldwide are in Numbers and Ezekiel at the moment - and no matter how many times we have studied them, there is still so much to learn.

It was  my second dental surgery on Wednesday afternoon.  The new fitting has been screwed in to my jaw - but I still have no tooth. The surgeon thinks it better to let it settle in unbothered this time.  So I am all for lockdown just at the moment as, even if I do have to go our, I won't be frightening the horses as long as I am masked.

The Dental Surgeon was talking about the way things are going worldwide - and before he could fill my mouth with implements I did refer him to our website JW.org.  I hope he will take a look at it.  For sure, he realises this:  we cannot fix the problems we have.  

The headlines today are full of the Israeli/Palestinian confict - and many other horrors.  Psalm 37 contains perfect advice, from our Creator Jehovah, who is the very Source of wisdom, as to how to deal with all this without making things worse.  

And while we cannot ourselves restore paradise - only the Kingdom of God can do that - if everyone on earth was at least trying to follow the advice in Psalm 37, the world would be so much more peaceful, straight away.   All we can do is to go on telling people what the Bible really says and hoping and praying they will listen.  We still have to go letterbox by letterbox though - we are still locked down.  (And as I said above, mask wearing when out is a big plus for me at the moment - and for anyone who might have to look at me).

No comments:

Post a Comment