Thursday 6 May 2021

How Did My Tooth Know it was a Bank Holiday?



The bluebells are out in the local woodlands.

It was May Bank Holiday last weekend - no dentist on tap.  So one of my new front temporary teeth began to make its bid for freedom.  I rang my dentist hoping there might be some emergency holiday cover to pre-empt it, but there wasn't.  And on the Bank holiday Monday it made its great escape and fell out.  At my emergency appointment on Tuesday, I was told it was not good news... I will have to have more surgery...  I am beginning to wish that I had not started this - 

In the meantime as I have some medical appointment this week, I am very grateful for lockdown and still having to wear a mask.  When you are in your first childhood a big gap in your front teeth is cute and charming.  In your second childhood, it is not.

Our study Watchtower article this week is "Young Men, How can you gain the trust of others?" - and we will be looking at the Biblical example of David. As I was beginning the article today, I came across this:

"3 While young, David developed skills that others valued. He was clearly a spiritual person, and he cultivated his skill as a musician and used that talent to benefit Saul, God’s appointed king. (1 Sam. 16:16, 23) Do you young men have a skill that could benefit others in the congregation? Many of you do. For example, you may notice that some older ones appreciate being shown how to make the best use of their tablets and other electronic devices for personal study and for meetings. Your knowledge of these devices can be of great benefit to such older ones."

Yes.  We, us oldies, can always go to the young brothers for help with these bewildering things.  Of course Captain Butterfly is my main Go-to Guy in all such problems - he is a tower of strength even though not as young as he was.  

All being well we plan a small - very small - outing tomorrow morning.  So I hope there will be another beautiful photo of the glory of May in my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment