Saturday 3 April 2021

The New Teeth

It is Easter weekend.  The Seaside, as seen from my window, looks quite busy. It sunny, but not warm. My mouth, while very sore on Wednesday evening, is now much less painful that it was before I had the offending crowns/caps removed. Which is making me hopeful that my two dentists, one Turkish, one South African, did a good job.  And I must note that, most importantly of all, I prayed to Jehovah both before and through the proceedings. And thanked Him afterwards. I was so scared. And those two hours in the dentists chair were not happy ones, but were as painless as it is possible to make them.  I nearly cancelled because I was feeling so sea-sick after my second Covid vax, but really wanted to get this over with.  I also knew they had cleared a whole afternoon for me - no other patients - and the dental surgeon had to travel down from Kent.

I spent Thursday morning cooking up the veggies that were delivered yesterday - some of them anyway - and made one veggie and bean chile and one 'every veggie going' soup.  And I talked to Jean, Jackie and Jen - mainly about our health problems!

Friday morning was the brief field service meeting; and then we had quite a problem getting the family group together. We were beginning to wonder if it might be quicker just to fly to Oz - but we did get there in the end. And had our full 40 minutes.

We had a couple of congregation meetings this morning.  One was the Memorial service for an elderly sister who died last month, to be held at 8.30 in the morning as her children are in Oz. The other was the regular Saturday field service at 10:00, which I hoped would energise me, as my sleep patterns seem to have been disrupted by the op. Maybe I am just getting too old?  They did ask me what my job was while I was in the chair, yet I am in my mid seventies.  I hope they did realise that. Though, frankly its pretty obvious.  Especially in grim dental close-up.

I still feel very tired and have not done much else today, but I did get my current road finished and the letters are ready to post.

I was wondering about attempting a Selfie at this point - but I still find I can't work my Smart camera.  I press all sorts of things but nothing photographic happens.  And in any case, it would be too ghastly.  I could be overrun with casting scouts from Hammer Horror if I put the selfie out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment