Saturday 24 April 2021

Crumbling


This is the third photo from our Tuesday Wetland walk.  My computer, as old and crumbly as its person, will only let me download one a day at the moment.

We, the siblings myself and one of the family cats (briefly), got together for a Team meeting Thursday morning. Sadly, Team would not let me in, so after some titanic struggles we reverted to Zoom and managed to have our get together.  I scrubbed out the bathroom, and made a rhubarb crumble for Himself.  For some reason I was thinking about the apple crumble served at The Fat Cat pub in Sheffield.  Never tasted better, not even my mother's, and certainly not mine.

 A thing about getting older - and crumblier - is that you have these layers and layers of memories. How will it be if  - and only through the undeserved kindness of the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ - we are there in the "new earth" - the earth that is being restored to paradise under the loving rule of the Kingdom of God - and we have hundreds of years behind us, and countless more to come.   All memories will be happy ones then.   The layers of memory we will build up will be so precious and so wonderful. And the sadness of this present system of things will be gone for good.  As our Creator assures us:  "The former things will not be brought to mind, neither will they come up into the heart."

Crumbling News:  I have two hospital apps ahead of me this summer - Rheumatology and Dermatology - routine and par for the crumbly course.  But I also need to book in with Specsavers for my Eyecheck. Which is not going to be good news, and I ought to have a proper appointment with Boots re these hearing aids. Lockdown intervened before I could have one and they just posted them to me, so I rely on the Manual - which, like all instruction manuals, baffles me.

And after the field service meeting in the morning, which was very helpful, though the young bro in charge of our group has a touching faith in my ability to use Google Street Maps - which I can''t really - and I am finding it a challenge to find the last 5 houses in my current territory - a nice lady from Boots rang me.  After rhe usual to and fro "I'm calling you about making an appointment re your hearing aids"  "What? Sorry?"  "I'M CALLING YOU ABOUT MAKING AN APPOINTMENT RE YOUR HEARING AIDS!"  "Sorry.I can't hear you.  I haven't got my hearing aids in, I'll just go and get them." - we managed to arrange the appointment for May.

And Captain B is back from his day out Metal Detecting and is at the computer next to me busy with his day's emails and suchlike.


No comments:

Post a Comment