Monday 12 April 2021

FIFTY HORSES WEDGED UP CHIMNEY!!!

This is  a Beachcomber headline. And I am going to have to make the same acknowledgment that he made in his column, many decades ago:  "The story to fit this sensational headline has not turned up yet".   And I pray God it never will.   The older I get, the more unhappy I feel about the way we are treating the animal creation, who we were meant to care for tenderly and unselfishly.

I found myself watching a movie called Sharknado! early on Sunday morning - don't ask.   Just don't ask. All I will say is that the Metal Detector alarm went very off very early and I didn't want to go back to sleep and risk being late for the Sunday meeting.  Anyway a violent tornado (or some such) was hurling large waves with enormous sharks in them onto the Florida Coast (if that is Florida has a coast?)  . And nobody was helping the poor gasping creatures get back into the water - they were clubbing them and shooting them...   showbiz still monstering the shark.

It was an odd sort of Sunday. Captain Butterfly left at the crack of dawn metal detector at the ready, and I attended the morning Zoom meeting. But then I really didn't do much of anything I am ashamed to say, just a tiny bit of housework, a tiny bit of studying, a tiny bit of witnessing (via two facebook postings) - oh and having Col's supper ready on his return with a sackload of gold doubloons - sorry, I mean without a sackload of gold doubloons.

Anyway, as long as he gets back safely, has a good day out, and doesn't forget to take his lunch with him, I am happy. And he is very happy now that they are allowing Detecting again.

Our Circuit Overseer visit begins this week, thank goodness.  It will be a boost for all of us - and our second Zoom Circuit visit. Who would have thought it.

The special talk he will give this Sunday, the 18th is "JESUS CHRIST, WORLD CONQUEROR. HOW AND WHEN?"

You are all invited.  And if you would like to attend, please contact me, via blog or email, and I will given the Zoom or telephone codes.

No comments:

Post a Comment