Monday 18 January 2021

Vaccination!

It was a medical weekend.  Saturday was Col's eye test, with me along as the extra driver - eye drops.  It was one of those long long waits to see the doctor.  And on Sunday afternoon we had our Covid jabs at a local Health Centre.  So, if the conspiracy theories are true...  

Anyway, hopefully, it has worked out well.  Its now Monday and we are both still here.  It was all very well organised. You got a chat with a nice young doctor just before the jab - so I was able to witter on about my fearsome arthritis med. He assured me that he did not know of any problem interactions between it and the vaccine but approved my plan not to take it for another 2 weeks.  And they kept us there for 15 mins afterwards - all well separated on chairs positively damp from all the disinfectant.  

Impressive.  Thank you the Angmering Health Centre.


If anyone from Twinings is lurking on my blog - ? - am I due some advertising revenue, given that two of my blog readers have been asking about their Sleep Tea - and one has even taken the details and ordered a box.

I baked some bread - first time for a long time.  For some reason - probably because Himself is not requiring 3 sandwich lunches a week at the moment - no metal detecting outings - I am not as bread-conscious as usual and let us run out of bread.  And at the moment we are not just popping out to the shops.  I had no yeast in, so on Sunday morning I made soda bread (takes about 40 mins in all, from opening bag of flour to taking loaf out of oven and  - importantly given my arthritic hands - Kno Kneading is required).   It tastes rather good.  I even had a slice with my lunchtime veggie stew though I am not supposed to be eating bread anymore.  Its not a bread that keeps, so it is sliced and frozen, ready for action. And it will see us through - well see the Captain through - to our next supermarket delivery on Wednesday.

I used this recipe, using a mixture of full fat yoghurt and skimmed milk instead of buttermilk:
https://www.easypeasyfoodie.com/easy-wholemeal-soda-bread/   But you can also sour ordinary milk with apple cider vinegar if necessary.

Today I plan to get back to my letter writing and try to find a couple of cards from my cardfile that I can send to the two friends who are recovering after their operations.  And I have ordered some: What Does the Future Hold?" tracts, as many people must be wondering.

Jehovah is the one who knows.  And He promises us that when God's Kingdom is ruling over the earth "no resident will say: “I am sick.”" ( Isaiah 33:24 )  The link so fatally broken in Eden will be restored and we will have the perfect health and happiness that our Creator, Jehovah, always intended for us.

And then our real lives can begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment