Wednesday 6 January 2021

Notes from the Assembly

 It was my routine arthritis appointment at the Hospital yesterday.  The verdict: I am still clinging on to life. Thank God.  And my blood results were "excellent".  

A bit of good health news. Wonderful!

On the doubleplusUNgood side though, I am to have an x-ray to see what is happening re leg and hip.   I am terrified at the thought of another major operation looming up.  Though given what the Waiting Lists will be for routine stuff by now, old age may get me first.  

Anyway, how thankful I was for the Assembly on Saturday, a bright spot in a bit of a worrying time.

The Key Scripture for the REJOICE IN JEHOVAH Assembly was Psalm 32:11, which says:   "Rejoice in Jehovah and be joyful, you righteous ones; Shout joyfully, all you who are upright in heart."   (And I would want to make a clear distinction between "righteous" and "self-righteous". They are completely opposite things.) 

The Baptism talk was the best ever.  It was about Jehovah being "the happy God".  He is the greatest giver of all time.  He chose to share the wonderful gift of life, which he had no need to do.  And then, when our first parents chose to reject the life and perfection he had given them, when they chose to cut themselves off from their Creator, their Source of life, Jehovah gave his only-begotten son, the dearest of all his creation, his first-born, to help us, their damaged children - to give us back the life and perfection our first parents lost.

As God's word tells us, there is more happiness in giving than receiving.

On Sunday I got the info together for our tax forms. It is that tax time of the year again, and I say crossly as I always do, every year, that I am sure the Inland Revenue know and understand much more about my tax situation than I do.  And poor Mr.Capps who had the thankless task of trying to teach me maths back in the day would have vouched for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment