Wednesday 27 January 2021

The Ironing Board and Me or Gorgon's Loch, the Board Game and Me



Poor Captain Butterfly must be wondering if its safe to leave me alone without a babysitter these days. Last week he came back to find me panicking because I had managed to delete all my files.  And he came back from his beach walk yesterday to find I had lost my fight with the ironing board. It had refused to close up and go back to its space but had sprawled about upside down and inside out, taking over the kitchen.

He wrestled it back into its place and I was able to make us our post-walk cup of hot chocolate.   I can't walk much at the moment as our little Sunday afternoon walk to Lobbs Wood seems to have crippled me.  I have been in a lot of pain ever since, and am back on the maximum dose of painkillers.  

You can see the wood above in all its dark fastness.  If the Brothers Grimm had lived in our little seaside town, I don't think many of their tales would have got written.  Don't their stories often involve woods you can get lost in?

The enclosures for my witnessing letters were delivered Sunday - thanks! - and I made an aubergine and chick pea curry.  Not brilliant but OK.   And I had a nice zoom chat with the siblings today.  Now I need to get some more territory to work.

My young publisher's Kickstarter for his boardgame Gorgon's Loch has been a success!  He has put so much work into it. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fantasticbooks/the-gorgons-loch-save-your-souls-defeat-the-gorgon-queen

I must just make the point that, Biblically speaking, the soul is the person, the being.  We are souls, as the animals are.  How this board game defines it, I am not sure. Hopefully the same. When we get our copy we will find out.  When we were young marrieds, in London, many years ago, we used to play boardgames regularly with a couple of friends. They too are now retired to the South Coast.

Where did that time go?  And what is it all about?  Only one book can give us the answer, and can show us the way to a wonderful future, right here on the earth.

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/about-the-bible/

  



No comments:

Post a Comment