Tuesday 12 January 2021

Flowers from Julia



On Wednesday a box of iris and freesia arrived from Julia - a good friend from our PlanetExpat years, who is also retired.  So this is the first photo I have taken with my new Smart phone -though Col had to be on standby to make sure it didn't outsmart me.   I might even have a go at one of those Selfies if I can work out how to reverse things.

Not only do I love freesia, but they bring back a wonderful memory from our travelling days, of rounding a corner somewhere north of Perth (the Oz Perth), wondering where the scent was coming from, and finding a swathe of freesias growing wild under a tree.  

Thank you Julia!

In the early hours of Saturday morning, over a cup of Sleep Tea, I found that my kind friend had allotted these verses from Psalm 37:4- 6 to my current teabag:  "Find exquisite delight in Jehovah, and he will grant you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to Jehovah; rely on him, and he will act in your behalf.   He will make your righteousness shine like daybreak, and your justice like the midday sun."

On Sunday morning the Channel was late back from its night out - there was only sea fret covering a frosted Green.   I wish I could write a poem to try and describe how lovely it was.  Or paint it.  In either case, there would be a few valiant balcony geraniums in the foreground, adding a note of red and pink - or as we seem to be saying these days, adding "a pop" of colour.  I wish I had taken a photo, but I keep forgetting that, in theory, I am now able to do so.  Captain B - at the next seat at the dining table - has just told me that he did take a photo!  So, all being well, I might be able to add it




Our meeting and field service arrangements continue in Zoom providing a positive refreshing framework to the week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment