Saturday 30 January 2021

SOS AGM (and a Flare-up)

I haven't yet embarked on a Selfie, but if I can manage a picture of the balcony geraniums flowering valiantly through the winter rain I will post it.  There has been snow elsewhere, but not down here as yet. We have had to be content with making rainmen and throwing rainballs at each other.

I love snow.  The world of freshly fallen snow is so beautiful,  and the terrors of slippage that come with age are not so bad during Lockdown as I am not really going out. Not even for my walks. I have been crippled with pain this week.  I assumed it was because I had been out walking a bit, but it could be because I am now a month away from my fortnightly injection - not taken because of the Covid Vax.  I have to stab myself with it tomorrow - so maybe that will help.

It has been a bad few days painwise - left leg, hip, so much pain that I arrived late at the Friday morning field-service, which is held on my own computer in my own kitchen. And I did not turn on the video, as I was not able to get myself dressed and did not want to appear in my jimjams. While Captain B would have helped I was in such a state that I could not have managed to get dressed even with help.   Still at least I was there for most of it.  

And we were greatly encouraged at the meeting this morning, which I got to in proper attire, and which included a positive loving message from the Governing Body.  Hopefully we can all get out there now - by letter - and encourage others.   

Afterwards I drove my computer back to the Dining Room to find that two of the books Col has just ordered for me have arrived:

They are:  "And So To Murder" and "Behind the Crimson Blind", both by Carter Dickson.  I know I will be enthralled and baffled and fall for every red herring along the way.  But I must do some preaching work before I settle down with them. I have a new road to do, with over 50 houses.

This evening we - the Captain and his Missus - attended the first part of the AGM of SOS (Sussex Ornithologist Society) - on our respective computers, in the dining room.   

No comments:

Post a Comment