Monday 21 September 2020

When I Fell from the Sky (and we have our Flu Jabs)

Not, thank God, that I fell from the sky, but the book When I Fell from the Sky (by Juliane Koepcke) which the Captain ordered for me arrived this morning. I am so looking forward to reading Juliane's story.  What an amazing girl she was - the sole survivor of a plane that crashed in the Amazon jungle, and she walked through the forest for 11 days, injured as she was, before she got back to safety.

She fell two miles from the sky, still strapped in her plane seat, separate and apart from the crashing plane.

I may well write a review when I have finished it. And I am going to have to exercise self-control not to spend the rest of the day reading it. I got off to a late start today, as having had a bad night, I finally fell asleep in the early hours and slept in.  Yet I have a lot to do - lunch time already and I have some studying and editorial work ahead of me.

Plus the Captain and I have been called in for our flu jabs.  Which will probably mean a walk up to the surgery - 15 mins there, 15 mins back. It will be interesting to see how it affects me. Hopefully not at all... but...  I am in such a feeble state.

Wonderful to be alive though.  And how amazing that Juliane is still here - and, brave girl, still flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment