Thursday 3 September 2020

A Brighton LOVE NEST!!!!!

Turkeytail, Trametes versicolor

 

Its Autumn again - my favourite season. Adam probably first opened his eyes in an Autumn garden, given that the earliest calendars start in the Fall.   When I think how lovely Autumn can be even now, I think about the beauty of that garden he first saw - and how tragic the loss of it has been.  And still is.

Anyway, the hope, the sure hope, is for a restoration of that beauty and glory and peace earthwide.  That is going to happen. But for us to be there we must must must listen to our Creator, Jehovah, now.

http://jw.org/

In honour of another lovely Autumn, I thought I would add one of the Captain's splendid seasonal fungi photographs.  I scrumped it from one of his 2015 blogs.  As for what I have been doing - for the last couple of days....  I do not know.  Not that it is of general interest (to put it mildly), but this info is for me.  This is my diary.   My medical problems are really getting me down - or am I just being lazy?  I spend a lot of time sleeping - and to be honest lying on the sofa watching the telly, or dozing in front of it.  And I am sleeping well at night too.

We had our short Field Service group with some good experiences Tuesday morning in Zoom, and then I Zoomed off to spend an hour with my scattered siblings.  We are getting creative again, writing-wise.  I guess I must have done something else, but what? Made lunch and supper obviously.  Soup for lunch, and a chill cabinet shepherds pie for himself and some pasta for me - with veggies - for supper.  Its a special pasta made of red lentil flour, so its diabetes compatible. It was nice and I will be getting some more of it if I can find some.  I think it came from Holland and Barrett.

Our Supermarket delivery - Waitrose - arrived yesterday morning. But that is not headline news. If we HAD made the news of course it could have been, though in that case the delivery would not have come to our flat, it would have come to our BRIGHTON LOVE NEST!!!!  (Not that we live in Brighton, but we are near enough for a tabloid headline.)

There is a lot to be said for not being famous - though I would love to have a big hit with one of my books so  I could make some money for my kind young publisher.  

To my horror I find that dermatology have prescribed me strong sedatives of the Valium type. What I thought I was getting was a much stronger anti-histamine. That is what I was hoping for.  I really don't want to go down the Valium route, as I am not depressed in any clinical sense, so I think I will have to try to book a telephone discussion with my GP and talk it over.  It could be within the bounds of possibility that this medicine also functions as an anti-histamine, though I can find no indication it does. And either way, I would still be stuck with tbe alarming side effects.

What a mess we, the damaged children of Adam, are in.  But, truly, we are not abandoned to this.  A rescue is on the way.   And if I didn't, thank God, know that, I might well be gulping down my Valium even now.


No comments:

Post a Comment