Thursday 10 September 2020

Someone Who Isn't Me

My sister's new book is about to be launched:  Someone who Isn't Me.  by Danuta Kot.  She also writes as Danuta Reah and Carla Banks.  And she is good.  I am not just puffing her because she is my sister. They are dark and scary though - there are some bits I have to skip over quickly. And she really does evoke place - often the places of our shared childhood.  

https://www.simonandschuster.co.uk/books/Someone-Who-Isnt-Me/Danuta-Kot/9781471175978

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Someone-Who-Isn/dp/1471175979

Above are a couple of links. I can't make them actually link in this tiresome new blog format. It used to be easy - but these days the minute anything is easy to use "they" seem impelled to change it, to make sure life stays stressful I guess.

I have already ordered my copy. This is quite exciting as this will, I think, be the first of her books I will be able to read straight through without having read most if not all of it before in its various draft forms. We had been without a family writing group for a while, until we recently set one up in Zoom.

The poor Sandwich Fairy was thrown a curveball yesterday.  She usually makes sure there is a box of sandwiches and cake in the fridge on a Wednesday for the Captain's Thursday expedition, and two boxes ready on Friday for the weekend -  he has very early starts.  But the Butterfly grapevine was aflutter yesterday with stories of Long-tailed blues being see in the Brighton area - so the Captain flew off with his box of sandwiches and a camera at every corner. And I expect some lovely photos to turn up in The Captain's Log in due course.    But, as he took a packed lunch with him,  this led to a dearth of sandwich box for today in the fridge, and I became aware yesterday afternoon of some mutterings about how you couldn't get the sandwich fairies these days.

I am happy to report that she stepped up to the plate, a packed lunch is ready and waiting, and he will not have to starve out there in the savage wilderness of West Sussex.


No comments:

Post a Comment