Monday 7 September 2020

The Sandwich Fairy Visits


Beautiful Plume larva 6mm, Amblyptilia acanthadactyla 

Captain Butterfly was at his usual Treasure Hunts on Saturday and Sunday - no treasure as such, but fun. Soft September sunshine - not that I have yet been able to make myself leave the flat since Lockdown, so I wasn't out there enjoying it. He takes a packed lunch with him on both days - sandwiches and cake (usually homemade) - and when I went through to the kitchen on Friday, I found two empty sandwich boxes looking reproachful on the table.

The Captain had checked the fridge only to find that the Sandwich Fairy had not yet visited and left him his weekend lunches!  Mercifully, she got the message and two full boxes materialised in the fridge.  (By the way, there is no Sandwich Fairy.  Its me!  But please, don't tell the Captain.)

 We had our supper watching the second half of a James Bond, he had been watching the night before - a Timothy Dalton one - not sure which one - but I noticed once again that it is a waste of bullets to try to shoot James Bond. It doesn't matter if there is an army of you, all with machine guns, and he is well within range. Bullets simply cannot hit him.

We were thrilled to find a caterpillar on our geraniums!  It seems very late in the year, but I hope it knows what its doing.     And the other bit of good news is that it looks like Jackie may finally be going to get her operation - the one that was postponed by Lockdown.  

My sister's new book is coming out. And my next blog must be in its honour. She writes a great thriller. Scary though.

Our congregation meetings on Saturday and Sunday were wonderful - a comfort and a strengthening aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment