Saturday 21 March 2020

New Ears - and a new Meeting arrangement, in Cyberspace

We went for the preliminaries for my new ears on Monday...  quite a long morning but hopefully well worth it. Won't know until new ears actually in situ.  And we popped in to the M&S Foodhall after as it is right opposite Boots.  I have to say there were no hoarders and no empty shelves then - all seemed calm in Worthing. Sadly it may be different now.  It was a beautiful day too - blue skies and daffodils

The economic effects of this current Coronavirus shutdown are incalculable -and will, as these things do, weigh hardest on the poorest.  In the long run, would it have been better just to have carried on as normal and accept that a lot of the old and vulnerable (such as myself, on both counts) will go down?  Or not?  I just don't know - and I guess neither does anyone.

I rang Lilian to see how she and her sister are coping with the current crisis - they are retirees too.   We plan to keep in touch.  And I hope to ring the valiant Jean today - another confinee on age grounds.  Only I usually work with her on Tuesday.  And I spoke to Jen from Sheffield yesterday - coping fine and keeping cheerful, as is Jean.

I have a slight sore throat. Should I worry about it?  No point I guess, I will know soon enough. Hope I haven't given anything to Captain Butterfly though.  If, that is, there is anything to give.

On Wednesday afternoon Captain Butterfly reported that the veg section of Waitrose was pretty much empty!  What are people doing with all these things? Do they have massive freezers? Are they cooking and blanching and freezing?  Are all us Waitrosians veggie?

Have been in touch with Janet, and am just about to write to Kathryn who has sent me a card.  We all seem to be coping, but beset with the issues of age.  The Butterfly new members arrived as usual, and are all packaged up and will I hope be posted today - though not by me.

And we have had our first congregation meeting in cyberspace.   We were reminded of Jehovah's words at Isaiah 30:15:  "For this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, says: “By returning to me and resting, you will be saved; Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust.” "

Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust.



No comments:

Post a Comment