Monday 9 March 2020

In which I Fail to Deliver the Milk

We had a congregation "Do" on Saturday night, and I had been deputised to bring the milk for the tea and coffee. I warned that we would be a bit late - the important matter of the Rughy - but was assured it was no problem. 

However though we did arrive only a little late, we were very late indeed by the time the milk and ourselves arrived inside the Hall where we were having the Do, because we found we had been locked out. We rang bells and hammered and banged at the door, to no avail. We walked round to see if there was another door we could hammer at, or a window we might be seen at.   Then another late arrival turned up. He too rang bells and banged - and phoned his family who were already inside.

Nothing.  Nobody could see or hear us, or ever hear their phones over the hubbub. Then Captain B had an inspiration and got a torch out and began waving it around hopefully.

Finally someone saw us, and we were let in.  But rather too late for the milk to be of any use. 

Its a sign of the times I guess - everything has to be locked at all times. And especially on a Saturday night.

Captain B was disappointed we had no Zumba dancing this time. The two lovely sisters who Zumba are no longer in our congregation. We had a Bible drama/musical instead about Joseph and Mary, which I am forced to admit did not interest him as much as the Zumba did.  Though he thought the sister who played Mary had a lovely voice. And she did. If I had a voice like that I would sing all day.  As it is...  well, to quote Captain B  "Please don't!"

And we also have some excellent bakers in our congregation - so he had two plateloads of homemade cakes and bread and butter pudding, all of which looked wonderful, none of which I could have as cake is most definitely not on the diabetic menu!

Jean and I made it to the Field Service Group in the morning, and completed our little Close, placing a few magazines. But I cut my finger badly on a hidden spike of metal on the last gate and bled all over everything, so we had to finish at that point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment