Saturday 7 March 2020

More Deeds of Derring-Do

Once again, after a rather long time I drove to Angmering this Tuesday.   I DROVE TO ANGMERING!!!  (You can keep your Everests, your K2s and your Treks Across Antartica. I drove to Angmering!!!!!)  Ooops. Now I have run out of exclamation marks.   Jean was chatting away beside me - not being a driver she doesn't notice all the fierce big boy roundabouts and traffic dilemmas, being negotiated by - well, I feel I should not take any credit here, given I prayed fervently to Jehovah about it .  The Angmering roundabouts often seem to be at Gridlock these days, especially on the return.  The last time I did the drive, I was with a sister who is a driver herself, a very confident driver, so she guided me through it.

On Tuesday I prayed to Jehovah to clear those roundabouts for me, please please please. And there was no gridlock.  For which I am very grateful.   We had some good calls - people seemed genuinely pleased to see us again - and we got invited in at one door.

I can't think what I did on Wednesday, but Thursday, in pouring rain, I set off for the Field Service Group at the Hall as I had arranged to meet a sibling there to work with.  She didn't make it, as she overslept, but Jean turned up. So we worked together.  None of us could do first call work - it was a monsoon out there with flooded roads.   So we went to call on a very nice lady who always asks us in and gives us coffee.  And en route, I called on the Lawyer - who proved to be at home - and surprised I had turned up - as I did last time - in the pouring rain.   He seemed genuinely pleased to see me, and open to the idea of a doorstep Bible study - when its not raining.

And Thursday night was the meeting, once again in pouring rain.  Where is all this water coming from?

The Coronavirus crisis continues... but so far its hard to understand how bad it is going to be. Maybe another week and we will know?  But there have now been 2 deaths in the UK, both of elderly people who were not in good health...   a description which fits many of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment