Tuesday 3 March 2020

An Afternoon of Adventure

Jean and I had a Sunday of heady excitements.  I drove her home after the Sunday meeting - her usual chauffeurs were heading off somewhere else, and so we did a few return visits - only found one householder in, but it was a very productive call. And she was delighted to see us.  We then took ourselves to Waitrose and did some shopping, and Jean treated us to a coffee. 

And yesterday, driven by our Super-chauffeur, Captain Butterfly himself, we spent the morning at the hospital for Jean's eye appointment. Its an interminable process - and painful - but at last there seems to be some improvement, which make it all worthwhile.

And today we hope to be out on the field service again.  And, talking of adventures, I may (gulp) have to drive to Angmering... 

I wondered about calling this blog "Ripping Yarns" - it would have been kind of apt on two counts. Firstly, it would describe all our recent adventures, but also if you look at "yarn" another way, there would be old-lady knitting quality to it.   We didn't exactly climb K2 after all, though it sometimes felt like we had.

I am starting to worry a bit more about about the Coronavirus now, as I understand it will attack my already damaged lungs.  However... there is not much I can do about it. And I guess the next week will give an indication of how worried we all ought to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment