Monday 23 March 2020

48 SHEETS OF TOILET PAPER FREE WITH THIS ISSUE!

My headline is the cover of the current Private Eye - Eye No.1518, 20 March-2 April 2020.

There are many good jokes about the current crisis, including a cartoon going the rounds of Facebook in which a bearded chap in ragged clothes on one of those cartoon castaway islands is hiding himself behind his single palm tree as a large cruise liner sails past.

And here is a thought. How many more issues of Private Eyes will there be?   We seem to be heading towards a financial crisis of unimaginable magnitude, and judging by what I saw of the News this morning we may be soon in for some Draconian Police-state type laws...  and once those laws, always "temporary", are up and running, will they be repealed this side of Armageddon?

The supermarket shelves are being emptied faster than they can fill them.  I am contemplating a visit to the shops later to see if anything is left... I will be very careful, gloves, scrub hands before and after, and maintain social distance. If there is a scrum inside, fighting over the last toilet roll, obviously I won't go in.  (I have my issue of Private Eye on standby!)

Maybe the only way to stop this hoarding is policing. But its sad that we can't police ourselves by thinking of the needs of others. 

The meeting will be virtual Sunday morning.  And as it turned out, through sheer idiocy, I not only failed to get in, but managed to lock myself out...  I only hope the young elder in charge can get me re-admitted.

So I watched the March broadcast instead.  Its here if you would like to watch it:
https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/WebHomeSlider/pub-jwb_202003_1_VIDEO

I baked a batch of marmalade muffins in the afternoon.

The crisis continues and the supermarket shelves are being emptied. I keep wondering if this shut down isn't in the end going to lead to more deaths than the virus itself?   But who knows?

How much we need the perfect government, the Kingdom of God.  Remember what Jesus did when he was on earth?  Didn't he heal people, with no hospitals, no drugs, no fanfare, but with the power of Jehovah's holy spirit?

Wasn't he showing us what he can and will do earthwide when God's Kingdom is ruling over us?


No comments:

Post a Comment