Friday 27 October 2023

The Launch of THE UMBRELLAS OF HAMELIN



The launch of my latest book - a collection of short stories - THE UMBRELLAS OF HAMELIN - is tomorrow, at 2:00 o'clock in the afternoon.  The video. 23 minutes long, will remain on Youtube.  I hope all my blog readers (both of you!) will watch it and give it a like - even buy the book maybe?  

It is available as an E-book.

Or you might win a free copy if you enter the Competition.

The link to the video is here on the schedule, and will become live at 2:00 on Saturday:

https://www.fantasticbooksstore.com/m-a-b-l-e/mable-2023-schedule-2/mable-2023-schedule

I am looking forward to watching it myself as I don't know how it is going to go or exactly what it will contain.  I know I did a ten minute video with my brother about writing. He has published some scholarly publications and is now trying his hand at fiction.  We tried to keep it short and interesting.

But I can't remember what we said. I look forward to finding out, and I plan to be there in person, chatting at the side.

And I think I also read and recorded Talky Tin - which is my shortest and most recent story as I wrote it for a Flash Fiction competition.

That will probably take 5 minutes at most, so I will be interested to see what the video consists of.  Or indeed, more grammatically, of what the video consists.

Talky Tin stars our lovely battered old Saudi cat. He was a stray I was feeding, and we adopted him after he bit me and put me in A&E.  Because of rabies, if you were bitten by an un-vaccinated animal, the animal had either to be put down and its brain tested to see if it was rabid. Or it had to do 10 days quarantine in the Kennel Club to see if it had rabies.  To do the quarantine, Whites had to have a registered owner, who would pay for him. So we adopted him. And he was a wonderful cat. Oh, and he wasn't rabid!  After that, as our cat, he was of course vaccinated regularly.

He also appears in The Martian Goes to a Party and has a Nice Day.  It is the story that reflects my initial shock at expat life (and my dislike of parties). Whites, as Tiswas, gets the last word in that one.

The next launch on Saturday is of Penny's entertaining Death by Column Inches.  It's a while since I read it, but I remember it as being a good combination of both thrilling and funny.  Then there is a Spotlight on Crime and Psychological Thrillers which should be interesting, and lastly Walt Pilcher, who is always value for money - very entertaining.

Anyway, I hope you will enjoy the launch video.  I hope I will!


No comments:

Post a Comment