Sunday 15 October 2023

Just Like Kate Moss



I had a part in the Ministry School on Thursday night. I was the Bible student and it was the 5 minute part.  It went OK, as we practised it, though I had to be on Zoom in the small school as my partner was at home (Covid).  But what is wrong with these Zoom cameras?  They don't make me look in the least like Kate Moss.

Surely one of the young brothers can fix this?   Or did I hear a voice from a field Somewhere in the Wiltshire Wilderness, a voice that sounded like - yes - Captain Butterfly's : "No chance, the age of miracles has passed."  

In any case, it has not.  We are surrounded by miracles, as we always have been.  The gift of life is a miracle, the tiniest, "simplest" of organisms, is a miracle of design and artistry.

Among other things, we were discussing Jesus' teaching in The Sermon on the Mount, especially the Golden Rule - treating others with the kindness and respect that we would want for ourselves.

How different would the world be if all the world's religions had taught their people that simple truth and we were all at least trying to live up to it?

The photo that heads the blog is one of a mossy tree on Ebernoe Common, taken (of course) by Captain Butterfly.  Its the nearest I can get to Kate Moss. It is the nearest he has got to Kate Moss!  (Or so he assures me.)


No comments:

Post a Comment