Monday 9 December 2019

The Strange Disappearance

There was a severe shortage of elders at the Kingdom Hall on Sunday morning.   Where were they?  Was this a mystery to rival the Marie Celeste?     Were there half drunk cups of coffee in the small school?  Nibbled biscuits hastily pushed aside?   No. 

In fact, all our elders had gone for a day of training.

Happily we have a lot of brothers in the congregation, so the meeting was conducted well and we were taught properly.   We will all benefit from this day of training as the years go on.

I took the sister I chauffeur to the meeting for a Waitrose shop and a trip to the cash machine.  And did a tiny shop myself.  Jacks came round in the evening and we had lasagne (courtesy of Cooks), and meditteranean veggies which were actually cooked by moi.  I had intened to cheat - I am so tired these days - and bought a tray of read-prepared ones during the week.  But they were not very tasty.

And it is hardly difficult - cut up some veggies, sprinkle with herbs, drizzle with olive oil, put in oven for an hour.   They were a big success and every scrap went.  We had our usual (these days) mini choc-ice finish.

Monday, was lovely and sunny, but apparently there is a storm on the way - the trees in our gardens were whirling about, and the waves on the Channel were spectacular.

And today the storm is here. But the valiant Jean and I managed to put in an hour in the field service this morning- two return visits, a warm welcome from both, plus a cup of tea and biscuits.   And I used the extra card I had bought to drop in to Ruth who has just lost her husband.   She, Jean and I know that a good husband is a treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment