Saturday 7 December 2019

A Face from the Past


FEAR OF FLYING
by me


To my right the Alps move slowly

Like joined writing on the earth

I can’t yet read

To my left, a curtain sways

Hiding airline mysteries

But the immediate question

With which I have to cope

Is:  just what keeps this Jumbo up

Apart from prayers and hope?


This poem/verse was written during my flying years. I can't remember now on which trip, and I don't seem to have dated it. It could have been on one of our trips to see the Bavarian Branch of the family.  But I guess we would not have been Jumbo-ing it on that journey... so maybe we were heading back to the Middle East.

Today it is the AGM of the Treasure Hunters - and I hope to be out on the preaching work with the valiant Jean this morning.    Once again, I was trying to think if I accomplished anything yesterday - just yesterday... think think...   studied - the Watchtower for Sunday morning - we are looking closely at Revelation again.  Very very important that every one one earth should. And we are trying to get to all your doors.

And please have a look at our excellent website: https://www.jw.org/en/    We are offering online Bible studies, so you can see for yourself what it is we are trying  so urgently to tell you.  If you wish to.

We also got Jack's shopping for her.  And while we were there Andy dropped in!  A face from the past - she is the daughter of one of our expat friends from the Saudi years.  She and her American husband are spending quite a bit of time in the UK now, so we might get to see more of them when they are back in the Spring. 

Oh and I got the current New Butterfly Membership packages done, dusted, and posted, along with all the attendant paperwork.  We even hand-delivered one en route to the Post Office. So I have saved Butterfly Conservation a fortune.  Well, £1.32 anyway.

I hope they don't spend it all at once.



No comments:

Post a Comment