Thursday 19 July 2018

The Landlord of The Butterfly

I was just wondering what we would call a pub if we had one.  And I think it could be called The Butterfly. The Captain himself would probably want something more specific like "The Chalkhill Blue"or "The Painted Lady".   And that would work too.

Why have I been thinking about this?   Your guess is as good as mine really - we have no plans to move, let alone buy a pub.

Our lifts are back!   Weeks and weeks after the lighting strike fried them, and a week after the Lift Repair Team came to work on them a neighbour appeared at our door to say "The lifts are working again!"  When we went to shop the next morning - yesterday - we found a typed note on the lifts saying: "No they aren't." So we toiled upstairs with our shopping.

Then when I came back from visiting Maggie, the notice had gone and the lifts were working. Still very nervous of them though and will continue to use the stairs wherever possible. But its good to know they are there - especially for our upstairs neighbour who has been trapped up there since the May Bank Holiday.

I am suffering a lot in THE HEAT - and am relieved to think I won't be going out today.  I have to wait in until my medicine is delivered, as it has to be signed for and refrigerated.   I have the rest of my studying to do for the meeting tonight, a heap of butterfly paperwork, and, as ever, a ton of housework if I can make myself do it.

At least I have got back - in a minor sort of way - to clearing and getting rid of stuff.  Took 4 handbags to the Charity Shops yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment