Sunday 22 July 2018

The Uncertain

The Uncertain, Hoplodrina octogenaria
Could "The Uncertain" be a pub sign?   We have just had a moth with that name turn up on our balcony. Quite an unusual one for here I believe.

It could be a good title for a short story - an Elizabeth Jane Howard story perhaps.

I am still suffering from this awful heat rash all over my body.  Strange - as I lived in Saudi for 25 years and never had anything like this.  Maybe its a combination of age, advanced arthritis, and the side effects of the powerful meds I have to take.

Whatever, its miserable.    But on the doubleplusgood side there was a lovely meeting at the Kingdom Hall this morning - great speaker, great Watchtower article.  There was a little bit of drama involving Jean, who could not make it to the meeting - but she is feeling a lot better now and managed to listen in. It was just what she needed to hear - what I needed to hear - what we all needed to hear.

We had supper at Jacks last night. She is wilting in the heat like me, but she gave us a lovely supper of veggie lasagne with a green salad, a choc ice, and an excellent cheeseboard. And we had our usual 2 bottles of our favourite wine - New Zealand Marlborough, in all its varieties.

Thursday I had to wait in till my medication arrived and I can't think what I did on Friday. But Jean and I did get out for an hour on the field service on Saturday, then I took her to the Hall for tea, cake and the broadcast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV3PrqAT6O4

No comments:

Post a Comment