Saturday, 12 September 2026

Under a Mauve Sky




The Sky Above

Under a mauve sky
The world is stirring

Under a lilac sky
The world is wrapped in a morning hug

Under an azure sky
The world is focusing

Under a tangerine sky
The world is relaxing

Under a crimson sky
The world receives a goodnight kiss

Under an inky sky
The world sleeps

Daniel Age 12, Year 8, Hadlow School

https://nzpoetrybox.wordpress.com/2021/08/30/poetry-box-august-challenge-some-favourite-sky-poems/


I was looking for a poem to go with a photo of our August skies that Col took and I came across this one from a young lad at Hadlow School. I thought it was just right.  He expresses beautifully how the sky changes all the time.

Thanks Daniel.

We saw the Lady of the Flowers on Wednesday morning and talked some more about the Kingdom of God and all the wonderful things it will do for us here on the earth.


Those wonderful things include perfect health. Think of how Jesus healed people when he was on the earth.  I am thinking a lot about it now. The pain in my foot has lessened, but my right shoulder has taken over painwise. It is my "good" shoulder. I have limited movement in the other, so life is difficult. 

Friday morning it was both my shoulders...  I wish I was allowed some effective painkilling.  Oh and because I had not realised that my recent medical appointment was for another blood test I forgot to warn the nurse that my skin will no longer take sticking plaster. So I am now slowly, painfully, trying to remove the plaster without taking the skin off with it.  The movement involved is making my shoulder worse too...

Old age is difficult, painful and undignified.  But I truly am grateful still to be here to watch the moonrise over the sea, to watch Autumn slowly begin - maybe my last one, this side of Armageddon.

I am hoping for unnumbered Autumns after that, but that depends on my Creator, not on me.  Having that hope though makes all the difference, and I wish that everyone could have it.  We are making a special effort to offer everyone a free Home Bible Course this month, and maybe many will accept.

Col left very early, laden with metal detectors and his sandwich lunch (ham and chutney, and marmalade muffin) for The Field and I have a field service Zoom at 9:30.

The Circuit Overseer visit is next week, and that is something we always look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment