I hope to extract a few gems from the Circuit Overseer's visit and blog them as an aide memoire. My memoire needs all the aide it can get these days!
Col kindly chauffered me to the Hall Thursday night as there was a meeting for Auxiliary Pioneers, and yet again I am wondering if it will be the last one I ever have the chance to attend. Aarrgghh...
Time will tell. But the arthritis attack I have been suffering this week - if that is what it is - has left me feeling as if I can't breath. Obviously I can, or I would not be typing this, but... And I am now seriously sleep deprived. Anyway, it was so good for me to get out for that hour, getting some upbuilding and practical teaching and being able to make a small contribution (1 comment). I also managed to give all my Not Home letters to one of the families and to let my School partner know that I would be in Sheffield when we have our part next week, but will be happy to do it in Zoom if she has a problem finding someone else.
One practical point I hope to take from the C.O. visit is this - to get to know the first three chapters of the brochure Enjoy Life Forever really well. We are all trying to do as Jesus commanded us, to make disciples. The Gospel of Matthew ends this way:
"Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”Other than that I have done so little. Everything exhausts me. The poor Captain got the washing done and got the dishwasher unloaded. I don't know if I can do any better today as just getting up and getting dressed has left me breathless.
He collected up and took a photo of all the Ann Marie Sheal pottery that we have round the house and still use. I wish so much she was here to share my books with me. I only ever sent her one of my short stories - not one that has been published - and she said it made her laugh out loud. What author could ask for more?
No comments:
Post a Comment