Tuesday 7 September 2021

The Clifden Nonpareil



Neil came round yesterday morning to photograph the Clifden Nonpareil that turned up in the moth trap overnight.  It was good to see him again. He stopped for a coffee and a chat and we caught up a bit.  I wonder if we will be having a real AGM this year, as opposed to a virtual one. And if so will we go?  I am still being careful.  Time will tell, I guess.  I usually make two large fruit cakes - one for the AGM (we sell coffee and cakes in the interval to raise funds for butterfly conservation) - and one for the freezer.

Our Gorgon's Lock boardgames arrived, along with our Abel & Cole order and my latest parcel of medicines.

Richard is coming today to photograph our nonpariel, after which it will be set free.  I am glad he is coming in the morning, as every hour is a long time in the life of a moth.

And our talk on Sunday was also a bit of a nonpareil - wisdom without compare (IF I am understanding the French here correctly - my schooldays were a long time ago).

He discussed this strange prophecy at Luke 21:20,21 where Jesus said: “However, when you see Jerusalem surrounded by encamped armies, then know that the desolating of her has drawn near. Then let those in Ju·deʹa begin fleeing to the mountains, let those in the midst of her leave, and let those in the countryside not enter into her,"

I say "strange prophecy" because wouldn't you think it would be too late to wait until Jerusalem was surrounded by encamped armies?  Surely you would need to flee before that?  Well, history (secular history) tells us exactly how that prophecy was fulfilled - and why the moment to get ready to flee was when Jerusalem was surrounded.  I hope to get back to this - and also show how the Hebrew Scriptures - or Old Testament - warned about the desolating of Jerusalem after the Messiah was "cut off" in death.

No comments:

Post a Comment