Wednesday 15 September 2021

Il Faux Souffrir Pour etre Belle

As the French say, it is necessary to suffer to be beautiful.  But I seem to be getting the worst of both worlds. I am suffering but I am not becoming beautiful.  I spent Monday morning at the dentist, as he tried to give me back my two front teeth.  It was a morning of what hospitals call "discomfort" (as in: the Gestapo caused discomfort to those they interrogated) - but I only got one tooth out of it.

I am now in for another trip to the Dental Surgeon...  and am continuing to look like someone who has been barred from every pub in town for fighting.

What I did yesterday escapes me - beyond that I attended the Field Service meeting in Zoom - and did some witnessing letters - oh, and I did get my script for Thursday night kicked into shape and despatched to my householder.  

The Scripture I am concentrating on is Job 26:7, which says, of Jehovah, "He stretches out the northern sky over empty space, suspending the earth upon nothing."    So, three thousand, five hundred years ago, the Bible accurately describes the position of earth in space.

We plan to practise it tomorrow morning.

Today was a lovely September day - a calm and sparkling sea under a blue blue sky full of drifting white clouds.  I had my balcony time doing my studies, and thinking of how wonderful it will be to be in the restored earthly paradise.  I hope we will all be  there.


No comments:

Post a Comment