Monday 19 July 2021

You should see the other guy!

On Friday, my second temporary tooth fell out, so I now have no front teeth...  like an ageing prize fighter. I have an emergency appointment at the Dentist today - but what will happen I don't know.  I am due, hopefully, for the permanents, the implants, mid-August.  I did not appear on video at the field service meeting on Saturday. I was represented by a lovely blue butterfly on a yellow flower.  The photo was taken, of course, by Captain Butterfly.

I am hoping the dentist can at least fit me up with a simalcrum before the family starts to arrive, or I will be a very silent host.

And talking of the Captain, he was at home all day Saturday - not out metal-detecting.  He had spent Friday, which was a very hot day, marshalling a school walk - earning money for SUSSAR, as they have to finance themselves.   https://www.sussar.org.uk/   He was back to his treasure hunting routine yesterday though.   And it was so HOT - a very hot and sunny weekend.  People were flocking to Beach and Green.

I managed my  balcony time, but otherwise stayed out of the sun.

It is apparently FREEDOM DAY today, and the lockdown sort of comes to an end.  I am not sure exactly what this means, but I suspect the dentist will still require masks in the Waiting Room. And also, given that Covid cases are rising again, it probably means that the vulnerable, like myself, need to continue to be careful.

On Saturday, we went through our notes from the Friday sessions of the Powerful By Faith Convention we had watched on the previous Sundays, and talked about what we had learned.  Well, mumbled about what we had learned, in my case.

For me the item in the Friday afternoon Symposium about the stars - the reminder of the vastness of the universe, and how, even so, Jehovah knows every star by name - helped to strengthen our faith in the resurrection.  We can be sure that Jehovah can keep the dead safe in his memory, every hair of their heads numbered, as Jesus said.  So I shall end my blog with these lovely words from Isaiah - and please note the expression "vast dynamic energy".  Think of the energy needed to create and sustain the universe. Isn't it beyond our comprehension?  And doesn't science now tell us that matter comes from energy?

 “Lift up your eyes to heaven and see.

Who has created these things?+

It is the One who brings out their army by number;

He calls them all by name.+

Because of his vast dynamic energy and his awe-inspiring power,+

Not one of them is missing."

Isaiah 40:26




No comments:

Post a Comment