Monday 12 July 2021

My Dream

We slept in on Friday and I only just made it to the 10.00 meeting.  I am usually awake and up early but these anti-depressants are making me sleep and sleep and sleep.  They are a sort of last ditch attempt (apparently) to suppress the arthritis related eczema.  I am not depressed in the clinical sense.

What they are doing to my poor elderly brain I don't know, but I guess I have to accept that as I am well over my threescore years and ten it is all borrowed time from now on.  How short our lives are now.  Anyway, I am certainly having some strange dreams and... wait a minute I am just going to lock the blog door so no on-one can escape as I intend to drone on about one of them.

I was at some kind of party and it turned out to be a birthday, so I felt I must leave. which meant I would be leaving my lift behind - whoever that was.  I went to a local train station and asked the nice chap at the ticket office how I could get home from here.  Not unreasonably he asked me where I was trying to get to, and I realised I had no idea.  After some thought I said Hampton Hill, where we lived as young marrieds many many years ago.  He said my ticket would cost £250.  Oh no, I thought, Col will be furious.  But he made out the ticket, but then, rummage as I might through my capacious handbag, I could not find either credit cards or money.  I knew I had just had them (my mind was i think returning to the recent doctor's visit and my Driving License and Bus Pass), but they were nowhere to be found. The Ticket guy then got very cross as he had made this ticket out and it was going to be a real hassle for him to undo it.  The next thing I had left the station and was walking aimlessly down a long country road, with worryingly blank green vegetation on either side, as if my mind wasn't up to the details, but suddenly in the distance a charming country town appeared.  I thought maybe I could find the local Police Station and they could help me. (That shows it was a dream by the way, the idea that I would find one.)  But suddenly Col appeared in front of me!  And i realised we were lying in bed together.  I had suddenly woken up. It was such a relief.  

Why do I do this to myself - all that load of worry?  Can I blame the tablets. or not?

And talking of dreams last night's Footie was apparently a nightmare as England lost to Italy - in an especially cruel way, by penalty shootout.  I feel so sorry for all the young lads who have to take that kick at goal, and at the goalies who have to prevent them scoring.  Stress to the max.  I tell myself, well, they are paid an awful lot these days which hopefully helps.  But what an ordeal.

On Sunday we had the Friday afternoon session of the POWERFUL BY FAITH Convention.  

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/2021Convention/pub-co-r21_3_VIDEO

I do recommend the Symposium "Use Creation to Build your Faith".   Because the creation itself tells us of its Grand Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment