Friday 9 July 2021

48 Years!

On Wednesday, the 7th of July we celebrated our 48th Wedding Anniversary - by spending the morning at the doctors...  Col had his Annual Review and I had to register in person, with documentation, for their new computer system.

I had to display my driving licence and - oh dear - my bus pass, both with two hideous photos that would lower anyone's morale and immune system.  Why has no medic taken that into consideration?   

As it was our anniversary, we thought we might have a glass of wine before our supper - which was pizza followed by a fresh berry fruit salad.  But we forgot and ended up having our usual cup of tea afterwards.  So it was probably an appropriately age-related "do" for a 48th.

What can  I say about marriage?  If you can find the right person it is thoroughly to be recommended.  And, wonderfully, you can both be the right person if you follow the guidelines set out by the Creator of marriage - Jehovah, the God of Abraham: 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/happy-family/god-happy-marriage/

 Jehovah will help you every step of the way if you let him.

When I look back to think how young and how selfish I was when we did marry, I feel awful. And can only wish I had listened to the Jehovah's Witnesses who called a long time before I did...  Oh, and here is a surprising thing about marriage that i never thought about back then: the shared jokes get funnier and funnier as the years go by. They take on a life of their own.

I hope that one day we will be celebrating our 48 Hundred Year anniversary, right here on the earth.  Because that is the Biblical promises - that the meek - those meek towards their Creator, who are prepared to acknowledge Him, listen to Him, and obey Him -will "inherit the earth", and live forever upon it.



No comments:

Post a Comment