Thursday 25 July 2024

Moon Compasses










Moon Compasses
By Robert Frost

I stole forth dimly in the dripping pause
Between two downpours to see what there was.
And a masked moon had spread down compass rays
To a cone mountain in the midnight haze,
As if the final estimate were hers;
And as it measured in her calipers,
The mountain stood exalted in its place.
So love will take between the hands a face


https://www.babelmatrix.org/works/en/Frost%2C_Robert-1874/Moon_Compasses/it


The moon photo was taken by Captain Butterfly of course. We sit out a lot this time of year watching the moon on the waters of the English Channel. The sea always makes me think of eternity, the endless waves - and when I picture myself in the restored earthly paradise (it is an undeserved kindness, we can all hope), I often imagine myself beside the sea at sunset, watching the sun set, from the cliffs of Cornwall maybe, my childhood seaside paradise. I hope Captain B will be there beside me - I hope we will all be there, enjoying "the glorious freedom of the children of God".

In the meantime, I am between scans.  First scan done, all went well - we got there early and I got in early.  I now have the appointment for the next one, which will not be nice and may not go so well, as it has been triggered by a problem found in my latest blood test.

Today I must make the cakes for the brothers and sisters who will be at the school next week.  Two batches of marmalade muffins, and hopefully - if  my foot holds up - a trip to Waitrose to supplement it, as I haven't got the time to do any more.  Nor am I able to stand for all that long.  I am baking these muffins with pauses.




No comments:

Post a Comment