Wednesday 24 April 2024

The Chocolate Tip



This lovely moth turned up in the Moth Trap Hotel a couple of nights ago.  Its a Chocolate Tip - and an extraordinary creature.  I do wonder what its inner life is like, what its thoughts are - and if it will give our hotel a good review on Tripadvisor.

I have my 6 monthly trip to the dentist coming up this week, which is not something any of us look forward to. I just hope that it will consist of a painful clean, but nothing more. And we have both been asked to sign up for our next Covid jabs, which will be the week after next... will I survive yet another one?  Well, at my age, the question actually is will I survive till next week?

Every day is a bonus from now on. Such a bonus. The gift of life seems more wonderful by the day, even now, in this fallen world, full of tragedy.  

We paid our Spring visit to Lower Trees Nursery to get the rest of our Nemesia and some more Geraniums for the balcony. The Nemesia are not spectacular flower wise, but are wonderfully scented, and they stand up well to the punishment from the sea. The Geraniums, also tough and hardy, provide the spectacular side. We now have a magpie visiting the balcony. The poor thing got a shock when it landed on our railings to find me sitting there.

I got some good health news on Tuesday (a rare thing at my age) when the Dentist said he was "very pleased" with me and the state of my teeth.  That was a after a few severe questions about my lifestyle and tooth-cleaning regime that I answered satisfactorily.  Hurray!

Today I made an apple crumble in the morning - taking the hint from the apples the Captain turned up with - and Zoomed with a friend in the afternoon, Her husband is facing quite a big operation next week, which puts my worries about my teeth into sad proportion.

No comments:

Post a Comment