Thursday 28 December 2023

Waves in an oddly Warm Winter



Photo taken by Captain B late Tuesday morning.

I want to write a Haiku, on the lines of: Approach, Retreat, Surf at my feet...  but haven't yet managed to. It would probably have as its theme time, time passing, so inexorably and fast for us, while the waves continue to come and go, come and go.

Though I can also look at it this way.  Every day is another day nearer to the new system of things on the earth - the "new earth", under the rulership of the "new heavens".  And the beginning of more happiness than we can probably now imagine.  

Which, as is always the problem, a lot to get into one Haiku.

I did manage to get to the Kingdom Hall on Sunday morning and help with the teas and coffees afterwards as it was the turn for our group to host and to clean. I feel there is so much I can't do for the congregation family now that I must do whatever bits I can.  Monday - the 25th itself - was grey and rainy, rather suiting my mood - which was very low key, as I was still in what hospitals these days call "discomfort" - as in "The Gestapo caused discomfort to those it was interrogating".

It was a very very painful few days, but, thank God, finally began to easy during Monday afternoon.

We had a Zoom call on Monday morning, with Oz, Lilac Tree, the bungalow and them from Derby.   All seems OK, though two of us are down with Covid.  One little granddaughter was in the middle of her treasure hunt, which roamed between the two houses, so we got a zoom glimpse of the garden. Our block of flats seemed very quiet, with no smell of cooking. So I guess everyone was away with family for the duration, as we would have been.

On Tuesday I joined the short Zoom Field Service meeting and began to catch up on some of the things I have not been doing over the last few days - having been in too much pain.  I got the washing done, and made a big pan of lentil veggie soup for our lunches this week.  I had a long chat with Bea, via telephone. She too is having her medical issues - beautifully timed to strike just at the moment every dentist shuts shop for the holiday week!  

And I began my studying for the week - we are in the Book of Job and I seem to be getting so much more out of it this time around. I hope to be able to tell him how much some of his words have helped me over the years, IF I am there in the paradise earth. Job surely will be.

Jehovah longs to see his faithful servants again.  

And I returned to my witnessing letters, just 5 of them. 

Storm Gerritt roared all day Wednesday, and I began to feel ill again... my afternoon double Zoom session with a friend was a welcome distraction.  And these verses from Philippians, which were part of the commentary on our daily Scripture today are so so timely:

Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God; and the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6,7

Can I hold on to this today, as the pains and indignities and exhaustion of old age tightens its grip?  All we need to do is rely on our loving Creator, accept his guidance, and take it a day at a time.  Every day takes us nearer to happiness in the Paradise earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment