Thursday 21 December 2023

New Cards and Calendars



Our 2024 Calendars arrived on Tuesday morning, along with a new set of cards, as promised.  We have gone Fungi for next year, and I have chosen a couple of fungi photos plus one butterfly for my greeting cards - see the Sulphur Tufts above.

All were taken by Captain Butterfly of course - with his own fair hands.  The one above was taken at Pulborough Brooks.  Which makes me think rather sadly of all the places I now can't go. But I should instead think of what an interesting life the Captain has given me - so much travel, so many outings - and above all be grateful for the amazing gift of life that Jehovah has given us both.  And to continue to try to tell all who will listen that Jehovah wants to give everyone back the life and perfection and the paradise that our first parents so tragically lost.

And I am a homebody anyway. Always have been.

One of the things I imagine myself doing if I have the privilege of being in the restored earthly paradise, is mushrooming in Autumn woodland - of going out with my trug to spend the afternoon picking mushrooms of various sorts to make a splendid soup/stew for supper.

I would not dare do it at the moment, as even the most experienced fungi-hunter can make lethal mistakes, plus I couldn't physically do it anyway.

It is hard to believe it is almost 2024. What happened to 2023 - it seems over almost before it has begun.

Amazing videos of the volcanic explosion in Iceland - rivers of fire, skies of fire.  WOW!  I hope everyone is well clear of the area. I think so, in that they knew it was coming.

We had worrying news on Tuesday, as Nute rang to say she has just tested positive for Covid.  That of course cancels our plans to go up North, but more importantly, we are worried about her. Christmas/New Year is not a good time to be ill. We are hoping this will be a mild version of the lurgi, but who knows?  It is a mysterious thing. And she, like me, is also past her sell-by date.

Can you imagine a world where we do not have to be worried about those we love - or about anything?  In other words, paradise - as Jehovah has always intended the earth to be.  As it will be.

Which is what we, Jehovah's Witnesses, are trying and trying to tell you when we come to your door.

Rang Nute Wednesday morning. She sounded very hoarse and was not feeling wonderful, which I think is par for the dismal course during the first days of Covid. Hopefully the vax protects from the long term side affects. Captain B is busy parcelling up a vast load of calendars as we won't be able to deliver them in person now. I hope to be up early tomorrow and get them to the Post Office first thing before the seasonal queues have built up.

Which I did. First thing, I had to fill out 4 customs forms (for family and friends who live abroad, and, yes, we are rather late with them this year),  so although I was first in the queue, I had to go to the back while I did the forms.  Though by the time I had managed to struggle through them, I was first in the queue again. However, it then took the poor lady so long to process the 4 overseas calendars, never mind the rest, that I was there a good twenty minutes.  I didn't dare look at how long the queue was as I left...

I have to assume that whoever thought up this scheme neither works in a Post Office, not has to do their own posting, but has minions to do it for them.

Once again, how I long for the time when the Kingdom of God is ruling over the earth. It organises things so well.


No comments:

Post a Comment