Sunday 3 December 2023

December Calendar



We chose a wintry scene for December in our 2023 calendar - see above. Will we be seeing similar scenes this year, or not? It has suddenly got very cold and there was frost on the cars on Friday morning.

We haven't done a 2024 one yet, and I am not sure we will now. I thought if we do, it could be a fungi calendar, as Col has lots of lovely shots from his Passionate about Photographing all things Mushroom years.  I sorted out a load of pics from his gallery today in the hopes to prompt him.

I had yet another doctor's appointment and Col chauffered me and then we drove to Rustington for the weekly Greengrocery shop. So it involved minimal walking really. But just that has left my left ankle very sore and swollen...   and now, Sunday morning, my right foot is playing up.

On the doubleplusgood side, the Medic checked my heart   - it's still beating! - and found that my bp was fine. Any good health news is welcome these days.   

Saturday morning there was frost on cars and garage roofs.  Col and Jim left well before the crack of dawn to the icy detecting fields of Somewhere Far Away.

Col was at home today. HOLD THE PRESSES - He was not out metal detecting.  And there has been a lot of snow in the Northwest, with people trapped in their cars overnight.  It fell as rain here. So I was very grateful to be chauffered to the meeting and back.

It is going beyond metaphor now as I definitely am in the Winter of my years - my contemporaries, those who are still here, are tumbling around me.  It is so strange. But then, if we accept that Genesis is the true history of us, as Jesus himself did, this was never meant to happen to us. We were made to live forever, not for just a few decades.  And I cannot tell you how quickly three score years and ten (and then some) goes. It is, as the poet said, the flight of the sparrow across the lighted Mead Hall - from darkness into darkness with just the brief interval of life/light in between.

How would I feel now if I did not know the hope the Bible holds out?   So I must get on and keep extending that hope to others, while there is still time.

I talked to Bea and Jacks on Saturday, both are coping with these difficult times.  



No comments:

Post a Comment