Thursday 6 July 2023

The Roaring of the Sea



Our Calendar photo for July is of our beach in a storm.  Oddly appropriate as I was out on the balcony at the weekend in a warm windstorm, listening to the roar of the waves on the pebbles.  We had rain on Tuesday, which we do need. And it has really cooled down. Which is fine by me.

Though they have had rain at Wimbledon which they could have done without.

I have been reading Michael Blencowe's book, chapter by chapter.  It is compelling, and entertaining - very entertaining, this being Michael - but the story he has to tell is heartbreaking.

And it is so well written it is almost impossible to choose a quote...  what I would need to do is to type out the whole book, in blog after blog,  but apart from copyright issues, what I want is for everyone to buy, read and recommend it.

Things seem to be heading back, slightly, to pre-lockdown levels, in that my job this week was to make a salad and a dessert for the Detectorists' summer BBQ on Wednesday.  After some thought, I made an apple crumble, with custard - and a three-bean salad.  

A lot of today has been taken up chasing up the elusive medication - hospital says its up to the Supplier, supplier says it is up the Hospital.  So far, I have got nowhere.  And I feel rather like a tennis ball at Wimbledon must do, as it is batted backwards and forwards over the net.  Col is saying the next thing is to go down to the Hospital tomorrow and try to find someone to speak to about it... which is such a depressing thought.  And probably impossible anyway.

On a much more cheerful and positive note, I found the Exercise Patience Convention on Youtube - an American sibling has posted it there - and I spent this morning at the Friday morning session.  Patience is part of the fruitage of God's spirit and it is something we all need very much.  

And, as one of the speakers reminded us, we all have very good cause to be grateful for Jehovah's patience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment