Saturday 6 May 2023

On Moth Trap Duty on Coronation Day



On Wednesday, I cancelled my morning Zoom session - too much chat in case Col needed to sleep.  He ate some of the bowl of porridge I made, plus he also ate the apples and custard he had left the other day.  I heated it up and it all went down. We actually got a date both for the day surgery and the pre-assessment, which if all goes to plan will be well within the eight weeks they warned us about. Thank God.

I am now on Moth Trap duty, which is to say I am in charge of turning its violet light on in the evening, and turning the balcony light on to attract them.  And then turning them all off again in the morning. It seems to function as a comfy hotel, more than a trap, thank Goodness, as they bed down happily in their little egg cup nests and sometimes take several hours to get themselves up and leave.  So I think I need to find a photo of a colourful moth to head this blog, unless something even more exciting checks into Hotel de Nuit before I post this.

A bunch of splendid roses arrived on Thursday - along with a bottle of red wine, and another bunch of tulips, one of my favourite Spring flowers!  Maybe we will have a balcony celebration - red wine on the balcony while we watch the moon on the water - when all seems well again.  

Usually, given we have flowers, I would ask Captain B to photograph both bunches and they could head the blog.  But, given his frail state, I will stick to an existing moth pic.  He has so many lovely ones to choose from.

And yes, I do have a Smartphone, and could, in theory, take the pics myself, and, had I mastered the technology, I could transfer them to my blog.  But, not only have I not mastered the technology,  I already have more photos than I could possibly need of me looking especially gormless saying: "Have I taken this?"  "What is it you have to press?" and similar.

I attended the Thursday night meeting in pixel form - listening out for the Captain behind me in the living room.  He has a large brass bell along with a loud voice if he does need help.  I am so glad I went, it was an immensely comforting evening.

If you want to know more, please go to this link: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/202023163#h=1:0-21:0

It is so consoling to know how tenderly our Creator feels for us and cares for all who love and serve him, despite our many many faults and failings.

Roger sent us a voicemail from the USA, and Julia from the Northlands rang us in the evening and we had a long chat.  It was great to hear from both of those good friends from Planet Expat.

Today we watched the Coronation off and on.  And rested.  It was a grey and rainy, day but the crowds had turned out in vast numbers. It all went like regal clockwork - so credit to all concerned.

And we had a special meeting at the Hall just after lunch which I attended by pixel.  The talk was: Listen, Obey and be Blessed. And the Speaker started by pointing out the difference between listening and hearing.  If we listen to our Creator and pay attention and act on what we are being taught we will be blessed right now, and immeasurably in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment