Sunday 5 February 2023

Bake me a cake!




Apparently, or so I was reading,  a man asking a woman to "make him a sandwich" is now a sexist insult, designed to put her in her place.  Oh dear. How to keep up with it all?  I not only make 3 sets of sandwich lunches for Captain Moth-Butterfly each week, but he also has a piece of homemade cake in each.  Gasp!

Clearly we must have a very toxic relationship. Fortunately neither of us seems to have noticed as we continue to enjoy our retirement together.

But hopefully I will keep on baking in my usual routine without him having to say those terrible (presumably) words: "Bake me a cake!"

Talking of such things, I have volunteered to help with the tea and coffee after the meeting at the Kingdom Hall today.  And of course that kept me awake in the early hours worrying that I would come down with such a severe flare-up that I would not even be able to leave my bed...  however all is well, so far.

I feel so unreliable these days that it is an effort to commit to anything.

My other problem is my clumsiness.  I can't say I was ever that graceful, but when you add arthritic hands and a rather unsuccessful shoulder replacement to the mix... oh dear.  We have already had one soup-related incident, and there was the dropped pie...  

The above is our calendar pic for February, one Col took of the sunset on our local beach.   And it brings to  mind that lovely verse from the Book of Revelation, which says: "I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you about these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David and the bright morning star."

It will be such a wonderful new dawn for the earth, when Jesus, as the King of Jehovah's Kingdom is ruling over it.  Already I am experiencing how gently and patiently he teaches us.

No comments:

Post a Comment