Wednesday 8 February 2023

A Great Earthquake



How fragile life is.  There was a massive earthquake in Turkey in the early hours of Monday morning, killing thousands and burying many more in the rubble.  And they are having bad aftershocks too. It was an immense earthquake, felt in many other countries. 

The story is getting worse and worse, families, including pregnant women and children trapped in the rubble - and freezing cold weather, with nowhere for people to safely go and keep warm.

The world was not meant to be like this - and it will not be when God's Kingdom is ruling over us.   "For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but through the one who subjected it, on the basis of hope that the creation itself will also be set free from enslavement to corruption and have the glorious freedom of the children of God." - Romans 8:20,21

Jesus showed that he has the ability to control the natural elements when he calmed the storm. And that is the kind of ruler, the kind of government, that we (the children of Adam) so badly need.

I hope that those who are killed this earthquake, in all these ongoing disasters, have a wonderful awakening ahead of them into an earth where we can all sleep safely in our beds - and wake up every morning in paradise, the paradise this lovely earth was meant to be.

And I have chosen a paradise photo - one of Captain Moth-Butterfly's - for this blog, to illustrate that hope.

All other news seems to pale beside this - though it is not good.  And I am still enmeshed in medical matters - my Diabetes check on Monday was good overall - for which I am thankful - though my blood pressure is a bit up. I am measuring it all this week and it was OK this morning.

And I have my annual GP arthritis check-up on Friday.  The kind nurse says she has scheduled a bit of extra time to show me how to use my blood sugar machine.  I hope she has scheduled in enough time, as I am not quick on the uptake re such things.  And I now have a friend who wants me to teach her.

Anyway, I can only hope that medical help, along with all other forms of help - food and clothing and clean water - is reaching those affected by the earthquake.  The Governing Body of the Watchtower Society will be working hard on this, I know. And doing things Jehovah's way is always always effective.

Didn't it all start to go wrong for us here on the earth when our first parents were persuaded to cut themselves off from their Creator and go it alone?  


No comments:

Post a Comment