Thursday 25 February 2021

Ponds

Here is a little Haiku masterpiece by Matsuo Basho:

An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

And here is one from Sue Knighto:

Splash! An old silent pond
My hearing aids
just fell in.
(So actually
I would not have heard
that Splash!)

For sure, I do not have the mastery of the form that Basho has. I am not a very discursive writer, but even so the brevity of the Haiku form has defeated me again.  But hopefully it says something about the difficulties of old age, when so many of the bits of you that were once permanently attached are now detachable - and can fall into ponds.

I talked to my siblings Wednesday morning after the Field Service Zoom group.  And I have started a very interesting email correspondence with a facebook friend from across  The Pond.  He wants to talk about Bible prophecy!

And he clearly knows a lot about the Inspired Scriptures.  In part he says. "Isaac Newton, the greatest intellect ever produced by the human race, was a forerunner of JW. He rejected the Trinity and said Christendom lost its way in fourth century. He applied his great mathematical skills to working out a timetable of Biblical prophecy. You’ll be amazed at what he wrote."

I hope to continue this theme in my next blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment