Monday 15 February 2021

Another Weekend in Lockdown

Shouldn't I be going stir crazy or something? Yet the days are flying by.  Maybe its my age?  

I am starting this on Sunday night and I don't know where the weekend went to.   This morning it was the meeting, followed by the chat groups , then lunch for Captain and B myself - chicken veggie soup and  yoghurt.  Then a rugby match for Himself - and a chase for me  (by phone and email) to find the land line for the sister who is my partner in the Ministry School on Thursday. 

I began working on my new territory and have ten letters ready to go. Oh and I got supper for us - cottage pir and veggies for himself - veggie chile for me - mashed potato is lethat when you have diabetes. Alas.

The best chile I ever made was in our Expat years, when we entertained a lot.  The Captain rang me to say he was bringing his dive class from the beach and could I have a hot lunch ready for them.  I was young then - and had a large American kitchen  - and we entertained a lot.  A different world.

Anyway, l made a giant chile which incorporated the left over curry from our curry evening the night before and served it with rice, cheese, and a large salad.  And it was lovely. So tasty - second helping all round. And I will never be able to re-create it.  

And Saturday was the meeting for Field Service, followed by a get together with a couple of siblings so we could help and encourage each other.  I probably fell asleep during the afternoon while the Captain watched the Rugby and I dreamed strange dreams punctuated by cries of GET YOUR SPECS ON REF!

Today I am in such pain arthritis wise I don't think I will even be typing much, but hopefully I can get on with editing job I need to do before Wednesday. 

I would love to encourage you all (both my readers...) to join your local congregation via Zoom for our weekly study of the Book of Ezekiel - it is stunningly relevant to the times we are living in.  You can even turn up at our congregation on Thursday night and see me do my part in the Ministry School.  However I may suddenly disappear from your screen with my hand clamped over my mouth.  My two front teeth - crowns - are about to fall out at any moment - and my dentist seems to be off-duty for the Covid duration.  Not that I can blame him, dentists are really in the front line.

His last words to me were a cheerful "Take care!  They could fall out at any moment."

I am going to ask my partner if she can have her husband on standby, with the script. Just in case Toothmageddon occurs.  Then he can step in and take over.

And I will finish with a little poem - verse? -  I wrote years ago. The power of the waves yesterday reminded me of it.  It was a wonderfully stormy Channel.

HI, TIDE  by me

The sea had long wanted to go into town

So, early one morning, it roared in

Found the arcades still closed

And battered them down.


No comments:

Post a Comment