Friday 3 April 2020

The First Moth of Twenty Twenty

The lockdown goes on with no end in sight. This is a very very strange situation. Surreal is the word.

I am starting this blog on the first as Col and I are at our computers waiting for Chris Packham and Meghan to appear on our screens with their "Skull of the Day" (to identify).  Yesterday we walked in Mewsbrook Park in the late afternoon - the light was wonderful. For some reason I feel incredibly tired - can hardly make myself walk back up the stairs when we get back from our walk.

We did our hour's walk on Wednesday - not so successful this time as we walked along the river and there were too many people - not many, but too many - and it was more stressful trying to keep the required distance.

Thursday it was the virtual meeting. I was on time, but only just.  What is happening to me?!   And today we had a Zoom meeting with the family - York, Cheshire, Brighton, Bavarian and Home Counties branches.  While it was a bit of a tower of Babel, lacking the calm orderliness of our meetings, in which we all get a chance to speak, it was nice to see everybody and to wave at them.

We had a talk with Bea (of the Cheshire Branch) via old fashioned horse-drawn telephone afterwards. And while I was typing this an email just pinged to say she has as promised sent me a photo of the latest of Brian's pictures she has hung - called "Chaos". Which sounds quite apt.

And I have an email in from Anne of the Cape which I must reply to. We have been out of touch for a while, but the CoronaCrisis seems to be inspiring us all to contact each other - virtually speaking of course.

My sister, in isolation with Doris the dog, is having some very funny adventures on fb.  And the first moth of the year has checked in to our balcony hotel!  See the Captain's Log for its picture.
http://colinknight.blogspot.com/

The first of many more moths to come hopefully.  All are welcome - provided they keep their social distance - and especially their social distance from our carpets, if they are of the Carpet Eating variety!



No comments:

Post a Comment