Saturday 18 April 2020

My Nature Diary

I managed to get cards and various enclosures done for Jo, Darren and AM today.   And I fed us.  Captain B did our weekly shop, while I commuted to my computer and attended the Field Service meeting.    We are just now waiting for the family Zoom meeting to start.

It was suggested on The Self Isolating Bird Club yesterday that we all keep a nature diary.  So I must keep my eyes open.  Our murmuration of starlings has been appearing on the Green along with pigeons and seagulls.  And here is where I hit my first Nature Diary Bump as they are not really seagulls as such, but have different types and names, like black-headed gull.  Some research may be needed, plus a younger pair of eyes.

In the meantime, here is a comforting reassuring message from the Creator of this lovely planet and this amazing awe-inspiring universe - and of us. And for whom no sparrow falls, but he knows about it.

It was our Scriptural thought for Thursday.

Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be anxious, for I am your God. I will fortify you, yes, I will help you.​—Isa. 41:10.
A faithful Christian sister named Yoshiko received bad news. Her doctor said that she had only a few months to live. How did she react? Yoshiko recalled a favorite Bible verse, today’s text. She then calmly told her doctor that she was not afraid, because Jehovah was grasping her hand. The comforting message found in that verse helped our dear sister to trust in Jehovah completely. That same verse can help us remain calm when dealing with severe trials. Initially, Jehovah had Isaiah record those words to comfort the Jews who would later be taken to Babylon as exiles. However, Jehovah had that message preserved for the benefit of not only the Jewish exiles but also all his people since that time. (Isa. 40:8*; Rom. 15:4**) Today, we live in “critical times hard to deal with,” and more than ever, we need the encouragement found in the book of Isaiah.​—2 Tim. 3:1.*** 

*(Isaiah 40:8)  "The green grass dries up, The blossom withers, But the word of our God endures forever.”
Jehovah's word is still here and is being published world wide.


**(Romans 15:4) "For all the things that were written beforehand were written for our instruction, so that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope."

Which reminds me that in my Convent school childhood, the Hebrew Scriptures, or Old Testament, were regarded as something past their sell-by date, of no relevance. So we were not taught by their wisdom, nor did we receive their comfort. And i had no idea of the power and accuracy of Bible prophecy!

***(2 Timothy 3:1) "But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here."
And we are living in the last days of this wicked system of things on the earth - critical times, hard to deal with.





No comments:

Post a Comment